You Know You’re a Mom When…..

I had so much fun linking up to Arizona Mamma’s  You Know You’re a Mom When-sDaze! that I decided to do it again this week!

You know you’re a mom when…..

• You are diligent about refusing to let the kids eat raw cookie dough (Raw eggs! Salmonella for sure!  You’ll thank me later, when you aren’t sick!), yet sneak spoonful after spoonful when they are out of the kitchen.
  • You can play Name that Stain with anyone in the family, and always win.
  • Other members of your household are amazed at your superpower-like ability to locate lost items without even getting up to look for them.
  • You can sort a bin of plastic dinosaurs by the era in which they lived, not because you were a science major in college, but because your son is obsessed with all things dino.
  • You can fumble through your purse and come up with a band-aid, a quarter for a gumball, a hair scrunchie, a coupon for juice boxes, or a matchbox car when needed.
  • Your kids have adorable clothing.  You haven’t bought anything for yourself to wear that didn’t come from Target in years.
  • Some of your best memories involve crawling, spit-up, loose teeth, broken bones, ice cream sundaes, and finger paint.  Maybe all in the same day.

I’m being sneaky and also linking to Word Up, YO! hosted by Natalie (Mommy of a Monster), Kristin (Taming Insanity) and Liz (a belle, a bean and a chicago dog) .  The word of the week is fumble.

header 150x150

Comments

1. I, too, share your lost object location superpower, and a purse that, although, very small, seems to contain everything useful for any situation…once put my dd's hair in a ponytail at the park with a bread twisty…do NOT ask me why that was in there!

You are obviously a much better mom than me… πŸ™‚ Great list!

3. The redhead says:

I would say over 35.67% of my wardrobe comes from Target. And to the list of things in my purse I would add ziploc baggies of Cheerios, an unused diaper that is about a year old and losing it's stuffing, and a squirt gun. Mommy Daze indeed.

4. Sarah Garb says:

I'm envisioning some sort of Mom Olympics….timed dinosaur-sorting, competitive purse-diving, and blindfolded item-finding!

5. Great list! Thanks for joining in again!

I'm 100% guilty of #1! Kate will even tell me raw eggs are dangerous, but I hide it anyway.

6. Natalie says:

Sherri…I did the same thing! I used fumble in my You Know You're a Mom When post, too!

You are fantastic at these posts…I'm so glad you are participating – the You Know You're a Mom is my favorite meme πŸ™‚

7. I can especially relate to my kids having cute clothes…but me not really having much to wear! Love this list!

8. OMG, love this! Especially the part about the stuff in the purse, LOL!

9. Arizona Mamma says:

Yep, my kids are dressed in the cutest little outfits, while I am wearing an old tank top riddled with stains from who knows what (though apparently you would know), and capris from like four years ago!

10. Haha love your comment about "putting your hands in your purse and finding XYZ"! So perfect!

Great use of fumbling πŸ™‚

11. Mommy Spirit says:

I've been fumbling through everyone's blogs. What fun! This is an awesome list and so true! I do have the magic ability to locate everything in the house–that is, everything that belongs to the baby because I watch him like a hawk. As for my own momnesia, well that just comes and goes (lol). Matchbox cars, oh yeah, I know I must have at least one in my purse for sure.

12. Lindsay says:

I am sooo guilty of eating raw cookie dough and any kind of batter (brownie is the best but last night was banana bread). Great list!

Thanks for the follow! Following you back πŸ™‚