After the Honeymoon…..

Almost thirty years ago, someone stole my heart.

Actually, I stole his hat. In a teenager-infested pizza parlor on a Friday night.
And next week, we will celebrate our 23rd wedding anniversary. You can tell we married in the 80’s if you look closely at the gargantuan poufy long sleeves on my dress. For an August wedding in California. Was I nuts?
With another anniversary looming and another year in the record books, my mind is on the whole weddings/couples/marriage subject in general. So I decided to try and summarize what I think has kept us happily married, through thick and thin, through two babies, two puppies, two apartments, and two home purchases.
Making your Marriage Last
or
Top Ten Ways We Kept from Killing Each Other

Don’t sweat the small stuff. I know, I’m ripping that off from someone (who actually took the time to write a book), but hear me out. If you don’t like how he hangs his towel, either ignore it or re-hang it yourself if it’s that important to you. If he leaves his shoes on the floor, he’s not doing it to drive you crazy or make a statement. People are people and not everyone will do the exact.same.thing the exact.same.way. If you waste all of your energy on small stuff, you won’t have any left for the big stuff that will come. And it will come, trust me.
Share when it makes sense. If you can find a common toothpaste brand, then share a tube! Same mouthwash? Share a bottle! But some things aren’t meant to be shared; like bath towels, underwear, nose rings, and shoes.
Have a money plan. Yours/mine/ours works well for us, and keeps me from demanding “Did you really need that wrench/fishing pole/kayak?” and keeps him from asking “Didn’t you just buy a new pair of sandals LAST summer?” It’s good to have a little mad money for yourself. Not enough that you are running off to Vegas on your lunch break, but enough that you can splurge on a MAC lip-gloss once in a while. Or a secret stash of Dr. Pepper.
Never take each other for granted. For every relationship that lasts and lasts, there is another one that didn’t. Some people leave for work and never come home. Even on the worst, most boring days my heart skips a beat when I see hubby come home from work. And I tell him that. I appreciate that he can fix the water pump on our car; he was amazed when I slip-covered the sofa and loveseat without a pattern.
Go your separate ways. We spend a lot of time together, and hubby doesn’t travel for work as much as he did when our kiddos were little. When we are apart, whether for girl’s night out, having a beer after work with the guys, or a business trip, we have more to share when we are together again. His voice sounds different, he has stories to tell me, and we make more eye contact than usual.
Set some goals together, even if they are silly. Having something you are aiming for together, whether it’s to own your own business, potty-train the puppy, paint the house, vacation in Italy, retire on the beach someday, or just start a family brings you closer. Awww.
Take a look at your honey and pretend like it’s the first time you’ve ever seen him. Or that it’s the last time you will ever see him. I read this somewhere and it really stuck with me. It’s amazing what you notice when you look at someone this way. Diapers, credit card bills, stress at work, and the daily grind have a way of making you forget what it’s all about.
Touch. Well yeah, of course THAT, but I mean other kinds of touches that aren’t expected. Run your fingers through his hair while he’s on the computer. Put your arm around his shoulders and give him a squeeze at the grocery store. Give him a peck on the forehead when he’s watching TV. I don’t know how it works, but it helps keep us connected. I guess it’s magic.
Humor is a key to my marital happiness. Even when a situation seems overwhelming, there’s always something to laugh about. Hubby makes me laugh at least once every single day, and always has. I don’t always think his potty jokes are funny (the kids do) but it makes me laugh that HE thinks they are hilarious. He does impressions. He sings and doesn’t know most of the words, but this doesn’t stop him. He is afflicted with a sort of musical Tourette’s syndrome, which means the mere mention of a word in a sentence causes him to break into a song with the same word in it. Which usually has nothing AT ALL to do with the conversation we were having. And I laugh. Me? I’m not so funny.
Respect each other; the most important thing. I may not agree with everything hubby thinks or says, and he most certainly doesn’t agree with me all of the time. But because of our commitment to each other, we respect these differences. I respect that hubby likes Bob Seger, Johnny Cash, and will eat mushy bananas. He respects that I like Lady Gaga, love broccoli, and enjoy a Dr. Pepper now and then.

OK, maybe he doesn’t respect the Lady Gaga part.

Comments

1. THat is a wonderful list Sherri! 23 years of marriage with your HS sweetheart is something I look forward to someday. God Bless you both and I hope you have a wonderful week together!

2. We just celebrated our 8 year anniversary on Tuesday! This is a fantastic list (and you guys look so cute in that picture!!). I would add this to the list, which has made our own marriage a joy:

Always put your spouse's needs above your own.

If you can both do that, you're golden 🙂

Lovely list. And I drink regular soda, hubs drinks diet, so we don't have to share or get mad at each other for drinking the last one. It's beautiful.

That was kinda random.

Anyway, Happy Anniversary to you. Your husband is a lucky man!

4. Awww, what a wonderful tribute 🙂 Congratulations!

5. Polished Portrayal says:

Amazing advice. But due to the sleeves, that you so boldly pointed out, I may not take your fashion advice so seriously…

25th year anniversary vow renewal anyone? With a sleeveless gown… So funny.

Great list and great advice – sometimes some of those things are so very hard to remember. Congratulations, 23 years is a very major achievement and you should both be very proud.

7. That is a wonderful list. We're coming up on 5 years in November…mere babes compared to you & yours. Congratulations!

8. The redhead says:

Love the list. But is it seriously going to take me 23 years to learn how not to sweat the small stuff? That is by far the toughest one for me, what with me being perfect and all. You know how it is.

9. Happy Anniversary! I love your wedding dress, too. You guys look as happy now as you do in your picture and that is impressive.

10. Happy 23rd Anniversary next week!! Love your list and information 🙂

11. What a great post and I absolutely agree on everything except running my fingers through my husband's hair. He's bald. 🙂 Thanks for those gentle reminders and happy anniversary!

12. Wow, congrats on a successful 23 years! We're celebrating our 10th this year, and this list is very, very true. When you say that if you spend too much time worrying about the small stuff you won't have room for the big stuff..AND "ITLL COME…truer words were never spoken.

I've learned just in the last two years to put some of the tiny stuff aside because we've had avalanches hit and you need all of your energy to weather them. But with the right attitude, you can come out with such a stronger relationship!

13. Happy Anniversary!! You are so right about things like money and still having time APART. all of these are so true!

This was BEAUTIFUL. I loved this, and such great words to live by. You guys sound lucky to have each other. Congrats on your anniversary… here's to another 23 years.

15. Teresa ZM says:

I had a dress like that too… 🙂
    Recently, on two seperate occasions, two different people visiting our house picked up our wedding picture and asked me, "Who's the guy?" My reply, "My first husband."
    Poor Mark!! He's embarrassed by the whole thing but shakes it off saying, "It's not the age, it's the mileage."
    I appreciate the wedding picture…. to see how it was all those miles ago. 😉

16. Congratulations on 23 years of marriage. When is your anniversary? Ours is August 21st and we will celebrate 45 years of marriage this year. Your list is spot on. Loved your wedding picture.

Happy anniversary! That is a wonderful photo (and you can't even see the poufy sleeves).

Good advice, and after 23 years, you have earned the right to give it! Congrats!
    My husband makes me laugh too. And I swear a sense of humor goes a lot further than you'd think!
    Really good stuff!

19. Michelle @ Flying Giggles says:

I love the list. Congratulations! Happy Anniversary!

20. I want to know what your colors were…dusty rose perhaps?

Love the list and I think I'll go get a towel for my husbands sweaty little bald head as I watch him cleaning the skylights as I'm enjoying a glass of wine blog surfing. How's that for thoughtful?

21. Sherri – fantastic advice! I love the one about looking at your honey. Off to do so right now 🙂

Happy almost anniversary!

22. Congratulations Sherry on 23 years!!! I think your list is fantastic – and I think you should put it all in a BOOK (like that 'sweatin the small stuff' person!) You hit the nail on every one of your tips – and I so need to be reminded of them from time to time! They all are SO important! CONGRATS!! (Love the photo, too!!)

23. Congrats and happy anniversary! This is such good and true advice..and you look so sweet in your wedding picture!

24. Jersey Diva Mom says:

Aug anniversaries rock! This is such a great post. The comnent about seeing for the first time or the last time just gave me the chills. really does make you think differently.

25. Julie Hedlund says:

This is a great list and should be required reading for newlyweds. We can get so bogged down in the everyday details, it's good to take a look at the big picture.

26. Excellent advice, and I like how you make it fun to read with your style of humor. And by the way, I like him already. Cash, Seger, mushy bananas, and breaking out into song because of a word…..I can so relate.

I love this, and the only one that I can honestly say I incorporate in to our daily life is the "look at your husband as if it were the last time."

that one takes care of all the other ones.

It just does.

28. The mad woman behind the blog says:

Plotting way to get this under the husband's nose without it coming from me….will indeed need stealth tactics.

LOVED this! Happy belated Anniversary!

29. Great list, great advice and a very happy (belated) anniversary to you and yours!

30. You’ve got to be kidding me-it’s so trnapsarently clear now!

31. An intelligent point of view, well expressed! Thanks!

32. Hey hey hey, take a gander at what’ you’ve done

33. Ah yes, nicely put, everyone.

34. Times are changing for the better if I can get this online!

35. Kudos! What a neat way of thinking about it.

36. It was dark when I woke. This is a ray of sunshine.

37. Lot of smarts in that posting!

38. You really saved my skin with this information. Thanks!

39. An intelligent point of view, well expressed! Thanks!

40. Whoever edits and publishes these articles really knows what they’re doing.

41. That kind of thinking shows you’re on top of your game

42. I had no idea how to approach this before-now I’m locked and loaded.

43. This shows real expertise. Thanks for the answer.

44. Everyone would benefit from reading this post

45. A rolling stone is worth two in the bush, thanks to this article.

46. I’m not quite sure how to say this; you made it extremely easy for me!

47. Learning a ton from these neat articles.

48. Pin my tail and call me a donkey, that really helped.

49. That hits the target perfectly. Thanks!

50. You’ve hit the ball out the park! Incredible!

51. Wham bam thank you, ma’am, my questions are answered!

52. I really couldn’t ask for more from this article.

53. Your articles are for when it absolutely, positively, needs to be understood overnight.

54. Very valid, pithy, succinct, and on point. WD.

55. Woot, I will certainly put this to good use!

56. Mighty useful. Make no mistake, I appreciate it.

57. Unparalleled accuracy, unequivocal clarity, and undeniable importance!

58. You’ve got it in one. Couldn’t have put it better.

59. Keep it coming, writers, this is good stuff.

60. If only there were more clever people like you!

61. Superior thinking demonstrated above. Thanks!

62. We need more insights like this in this thread.

63. That’s 2 clever by half and 2×2 clever 4 me. Thanks!

64. Taking the overview, this post is first class

65. It’s great to read something that’s both enjoyable and provides pragmatisdc solutions.

66. Until I found this I thought I’d have to spend the day inside.

67. Awesome you should think of something like that

68. That’s really thinking out of the box. Thanks!

69. I’m shocked that I found this info so easily.

70. That’s a nicely made answer to a challenging question

71. Stands back from the keyboard in amazement! Thanks!

72. Many many quality points there.

73. That’s not just logic. That’s really sensible.

74. Thanks for being on point and on target!

75. No complaints on this end, simply a good piece.

76. This information is off the hizool!

77. A wonderful job. Super helpful information.

78. If only there were more clever people like you!

79. What a neat article. I had no inkling.

80. That’s a slick answer to a challenging question

81. A pleasingly rational answer. Good to hear from you.

82. It’s a real pleasure to find someone who can think like that

83. As Charlie Sheen says, this article is “WINNING!”

84. Finding this post solves a problem for me. Thanks!

85. Damn, I wish I could think of something smart like that!

86. It’s like you’re on a mission to save me time and money!

87. Four score and seven minutes ago, I read a sweet article. Lol thanks

88. What a pleasure to find someone who identifies the issues so clearly

89. Lot of smarts in that posting!

90. It’s great to read something that’s both enjoyable and provides pragmatisdc solutions.

91. Well done article that. I’ll make sure to use it wisely.

92. I thank you humbly for sharing your wisdom JJWY

93. Good to find an expert who knows what he’s talking about!

94. That insight would have saved us a lot of effort early on.

95. Free info like this is an apple from the tree of knowledge. Sinful?

96. At last! Someone who understands! Thanks for posting!

97. Hey, you’re the goto expert. Thanks for hanging out here.

98. This post has helped me think things through

99. Heck of a job there, it absolutely helps me out.

100. Cool! That’s a clever way of looking at it!

101. That’s a crackerjack answer to an interesting question

102. At last some rationality in our little debate.

103. I love these articles. How many words can a wordsmith smith?

104. No question this is the place to get this info, thanks y’all.

105. Right on-this helped me sort things right out.

106. Your thinking matches mine – great minds think alike!

107. I actually found this more entertaining than James Joyce.

108. Call me wind because I am absolutely blown away.

109. You keep it up now, understand? Really good to know.

110. Which came first, the problem or the solution? Luckily it doesn’t matter.

111. This is crystal clear. Thanks for taking the time!

112. I’m impressed by your writing. Are you a professional or just very knowledgeable?

113. You’ve managed a first class post

114. Free knowledge like this doesn’t just help, it promote democracy. Thank you.

115. And to think I was going to talk to someone in person about this.

116. Touchdown! That’s a really cool way of putting it!

117. Thanks for helping me to see things in a different light.

118. You’ve managed a first class post

119. Almost all of my Bibles are presents or heirlooms. And they tend to be red in color, some floppy, some not. One is King James (my Grandmother's Bible), all the others are Revised Standard Version (they all were published before the New Revised Standard Version).My mother has my Great Grandfather's old Bible, all in German. I presume it's Luther's Bible. But, Great Grandfather was a Methodist all his life.The only Bible I ever bought was a cheap paperback New English Version. It has the Apocrypha.

120. I loved as much as you’ll receive carried out right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an impatience over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further formerly again since exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this increase.

121. Everyone has unique requirements in terms of brands,personal specifications and choices.Whether you want to clothing online,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you can just take your pick, put it in the shopping cart and make your payment.From,,,,,,,,,you get them all here. The real benefit is in the discount prices.

122. Je ne trouve pas ce classement spécialement décevant… J’aurais aussi vu Bones plus haut, ou encore Shaft ^^Après, chacun a fait de bons animes. Je trouve dommage que Madhouse et Silver Link ne soient pas plus haut aussi (Gosick, Mawaru <3).

123. M’enfin! Le sport, que ça soit le foot, l’escrime, le saut à la perche ou le curling ou n’importe quoi, c’est la compétition! Se dépasser soi-même, battre l’adversaire ! Pierre de Coubertin s’est mis le doigt dans l’oeil jusque au coude avec sa maxime. L’important n’est pas de participer mais : de chercher à gagner en étant fair play et d’être bon perdant si on n’y arrive pas. Si vous voulez du collectif où tout le monde gagne, choisissez la fondue!

124. One never knows what they’ll find hidden in the walls of a house. It made me think that wouldn’t it be great if there was some kind of not-too-expensive x-ray service that could do a quick shoot of your walls….especially before you tear into them. Or maybe before you buy a hous…just in case.

125. Kunstverk,,,,!!!Sånne har jeg aldri sett før!Naturen er underlig!Høres ut som du og mannen er et superteam!Kosa deg masse i helga!!Goe klem fra Sol

126. Daverg I absolutely agree with every word in your letter to Leahy. Sadly he is ONE of the GANG of 14,and it is very likely that your excellent letter will end up gleefully destroyed by him or one of his stooges. I liken him as an intelligent form of Joe Biden. As for the rest of the GANG, I don’t use that form of expletive in public forum.

127. Le 12/09/2012 à 17h34 Citation:Posté par Ann_En même temps, Josephine parle aussi des grottes de Lascaux, donc on voit vite que de l’humour s’est glissé dans l’article…J’ai changé mon message original entre temps car je me suis trouvée un peu agressive par rapport au travail de Joséphine mais sincèrement je trouve même pas ça humoristique…Par exemple The place to be: Notre Dame de Paris je trouve ça beaucoup plus en rapport avec le thème. Parce que bon la Chapelle Sixtine ça ressemble à ça quand même:

128. I am usually to blogging and i really appreciate your content. The article has actually peaks my interest. I’m going to bookmark your web site and keep checking for new information.

129. You have messed up the YouTube site. A stupid toolbar pops up. It does this autoplay. Its too hard to watch or comment on videos.You have made the site extremely difficult to use if a person has any subscriptions.

130. If you’re confronted with any responsibilities in your partnerships, don’t avoid them. With a Saturn transit they’ll keep coming back until you deal with them.

131. Lisa H. in 7th grade – it was so awkward, then Diane G. in 8th grade and a date to the movies, Friday night at the Palms Theater with every junior high kid in town, didn’t matter what the movie – All the President’s Men or Eat My Dust, yes I’m dating myself… an awkward time…. my son is now going through it – texts, phone calls, and evasion, huh, whah! Some things just never change.

132. buraya ne oldu da hürriyet haber yorum bölümüne dönüşmeye başladı bilmiyorum. Okurlar arası karşılıklı hakaretleşmeler de başlamış. Sanırım artık sadece yazıları zevkle okuyup köşedeki çarpıya basacam. Futbola aşık arkadaşlara haksızlık olcak ama, Hadi hayırlısı..

133. Un  grande abbraccio Carpe…è sempre una grande  rentreé…Anche l'anno scorso, è stato bello….e non ha mai avuto, e non ha importanza il numero ma lo spirito con cui partecipiamo….e parla da se…Ti è chiaro Capitano!!!HihihihihiValentina

134. é também reparei nisso ! rs só tem um pouquinho de verde no Havana..mas mesmo assim adorei a coleção e já garanti pelo menos um na loja virtual que foi o Londres *-* maravilhoso, adoro branco e preto ..

135. oct21 J’ai justement goûté hier au Chai citrouille et il est vraiment bon mais mon préféré reste Singe vif un maté qui « réveille » avec des arômes de café, cacao et amandes.

136. bom estou com 8 semanas de gestaçao.e to super ansiosa pra ver o sexo do bebe mais nao tenho certeza se ja posso me ajudem estou muito ansiosas alguns dizem que é homen e outro que é mulher mais so o exame pode me da essa ceteza mais depressa acham msm que é seguro?

137. I just now wanted to thank you yet again for your amazing web page you have built here. It can be full of ideas for those who are definitely interested in that subject, specifically this very post. You really are all actually sweet plus thoughtful of others and reading the blog posts is a wonderful delight if you ask me. And exactly what a generous gift! Jeff and I are going to have fun making use of your tips in what we have to do in the future. Our collection of ideas is a kilometer long which means your tips are going to be put to good use.

138. kolko vidim 21stoljece.com nije aktivno. njihov web je na 21stoljece.hr pitam jer sam i ja malo istraživao i sve upućuje na MIRAN DAN d.o.o. koja se opisuje kao “skupina profesionalaca”. nažalost, po ovome koliko vidim bojim se da baÅ¡ i nije tako 🙁

139. Hi. I really liked reading your blog post!. Quality information. I would advise you to come up with articles even more often. In this way, having this kind of a valuable website I think you could rank better in the search engines . I also subscribed for your RSS feed. Continue the very good job!

140. I had the same experience. Now when ever I hear about tooth whitening, I can feel the pain in my teeth from using it before. I used to grind my teeth, so I think thats where my problem lies.

141. Per il sig. Concelli, circa il medico con i santini, non mi piace. Per il sig. Galletti, infatti ho scritto "importante" non essenziale. Per intenderci, a me cattolico non piace nemmeno l'ostentazione di tante croci (oro o meno che siano). Ciò che intendo alcune forme prevalentemente di moda, anche se non mi piacciono, mi danno meno fastidio rispetto all'abbigliamento che ostenta un credo politico o religioso. Il discorso della giacca e cravatta ormai penso sia superato.

142. disse:Você sempre comentando dos livros da Clarice e eu ainda não li nenhum livro dela :/ Quer dizer.. só li um infantil dela, kkkkk mas acho que não vale né?! xDBeijo Ju :*

143. usually i don’t read reviews before watching them..so just saw the rating ..so its look like unanimous praise..i was kinda sure it will get all the positive reviews and strong wom..not that i’m sure it is a damn good movie..the premise looked set for this movie to get so much positivity, it is just that kind of a film.

144. Thank you Eddie for such a tribute to my husband, Bill May. Yes, he was a remarkable person. He did love college students and he especially regarded you as one of his very important ones. His last days were spent thinking of the Kingdom’s work and how important lives were. He did teach us how to live and how to die. We will all miss him but Heaven is a little brighter today because of his smile and his love for those around him.Lena May

145. I thought the wind was making it sway, but the pulling spider was probably also having an effect, especially if he was, say, holding on to the roof with 4 legs and pulling in the silk with 4 other legs.The gravel is pea gravel, but still had to be much heavier than the spider, though maybe not much heavier than some prey.

146. Hello, you used to write great, but the last several posts have been kinda boring… I miss your super writings. Past several posts are just a little out of track! come on!

147. Après Vanessa Paradis et Johnny Depp, le couple formé par Kate Middleton et le Prince William battrait-il de l’aile ? C’est que qu’insinuent les tabloïds anglais, depuis plusieurs jours.

148. I never have any luck with Essie. They are always a streaky fight for me. Perhaps I have a bad bottle curse! This looks really good on you, though!

149. which can result in some not-so-nice consequences – which you can read more about here. For more about the SOSEPP, see the IRA Owner’s Manual. 0 comments, 0 called-out +

150. At first I was SCREAMing for joy!!!! I thought the royal baby had come!!!!!! So excited to see your owners are there with you! Surrounding you with pure white light of safety, health, courage, and strength to have a blessed delivery!!!! Love, love, and more love. Hugs, peppermint kisses, chucks, and nose nuzzles, dear, sweet Zenny and Tasty too! h +++

151. OK you . McKitrick is quite tedious is he not?At p. 6 we have an, um, interesting account of the de Freitas/Climate Research kerfuffle. The paragraph at the bottom of p. 8 contains a glaring error – an actual misreading of IPCC AR4 section 3.2.2.7If I write those up, hopefully someone else will carry on.

152. Hi Patricia,Thanks for the kind comments. As I mentioned in the article, Jesus could very well have been born in December, and the weather in that part of Israel isn’t too cold at that time of year. We simply don’t know what time of year he was born. Also, I’m not convinced that Saturnalia formed the basis for the December 25 date. It had only started a few years before Julius Africanus listed December 25 as the date of Christ’s birth. Although I do agree that the church has far too often incorporated pagan practices into their beliefs. Thanks for reading!

153. At last, we can read your "not so secret" but really amazing experience. Actually, I'm not familiar with any Dutch cuisines. The bitterballen is very new to me too. After reading your detailed review of Jane Lawson's cookbook, I'm feeling an urge to buy a copy too. Might be I'll give my hubby a strong hint for what I'd like to have for Christmas too, lol.Congrats, Ellie, on the great work experience with Jane. All the best for both of you.

154. Enpä tiedä miten tuota kommentoimista voisi aktivoida. Itsellä tulee vierailtua blogeissa, mutta se kirjoittaminen tahtoo monesti jäädä. Joskus sen kommentin kirjoittaminen on tosiaan vaikeaa, vaikka mieleen nouseekin niitä asioita kuvaa katsoessa ja tekstiä lukiessa. Jospa vain laittaisi sanan pari, riittäisikö se tai vain jättäisi"puumerkkinsä". Tässä nyt paljon ideaa ollut, sellaista pohdintaa paremminkin.

155. Come già detto, alcuni mi convincono molto, altri meno. Un paio li trovo proprio fuori tema, ma quello è un fatto di percezione personale.Bello comunque vedere tentativi di questo genere da te 🙂

156. “Probablemente, considerando los precedentes, el manejo gubernamental sea al menos errático”. Mal. Debiera decir “Probablemente, considerando los precedentes, el manejo gubernamental será a lo menos errático”. Y ese es tan sólo uno de las muchos ejemplos de redacción poco elegante o derechamente equivocada del texto. ¿Porqué los abogados que escriben en este y otros medios de comunicación lo hacen tan mal?

157. Stefan — as long you do not try to interact with files right after unzipping, you could add a boolean flag as a parameter to the function… call it NoWait and wrap the part where we wait in a If NoWait = False Then … End If block. Just keep in mind that trying to access file before they’re completely unzipped may result in an error.

158. Bonjour je m’appelle Valentina et je trouve que c’est un bien joli thème que celui-ci!C’est parti pour un joli blog à suivre!Ps: J’aime beaucoup la recette des Pates au jambon et fromage sur le site d’Annecy Tourisme. Miam

159. Marci – Family fun is a good one, also Michael’s has a kids newsletter call The Knack. They also do events in the store that are sometimes free or low cost. So does Lowe’s. They had a build a bird house deal around Mother’s day that I missed but looked totally cute.May 28, 2009 – 9:45 am