You Know You’re a Mom When….

I’m linking up with Arizona Mamma’s You Know You’re a Mom When-sDaze!  again today…one of my favorite blog hops, you should check it out!

You know you’re a mom when:

• You are proud that you taught your toddler to make his own bed, but secretly sneak in later to just fix it up a bit.  Boy toddler never catches on to this; girl toddler does the first time you try.  So you stop.
  • On a quiet afternoon with nothing on the calendar, you find yourself parked at the edge of town near a herd of cows….just because you thought it might be fun for your kid to see them.  It is.
  • You can name all of the Bionicle guys, their special powers, and what their battle weapon of choice is.  But you still can’t assemble them properly.
  • When purchasing back to school clothes for your youngest kids, you feel like the most important thing is that they can do the buttons/snaps/zippers allbythemselves….because you want them to succeed in this new challenge on their own.  Because you won’t always be there.

Comments

1. Awww, the last one is sad! I had to consider this for my Ben and failed to notice a few pairs of his jeans with the hard, regular jeans button. Now – he can handle it no matter the kind of clasp. They grow up TOO fast!

(And the first one is dead right too! Cute.)

2. Middle Aged Dreamer says:

So sweet. Especially the last one…

I love #3. Yes, I have a whole lot of useless knowledge in my head thanks to these kids.

#4 is so sweet. It reminded me that my baby is heading off to kindergarten next month. *sob*

4. although we lived just 10 minutes away from everything you could want, we live in an area adjacent to cow and horse farms. We, too, love visiting with the girls.

5. Jenny Brown says:

Sherri, such a neat post….I think I've done (as a mother myself) all of these things on your list. They made me laugh (and I LOVE to laugh!)

I especially liked #1 (kinda like letting the kids decorate the Christmas tree, and then rearranging the ornaments when they weren't looking) :):)

Thanks for sharing!

I think my seven year old still can't button pants, so we go with snaps. (What's up with that?)

7. Melissa {adventuroo} says:

Cute! We can't name Bionicle yet but I sure as heck know all the Thomas trains!

8. What a great post! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your title!!!

9. amen to button/snaps/zippers/velcro!! HATE that they insist on doing it themselves!!

yes, this is so very sweet. It slips through your hands so fast….

11. I once stopped at a McDonald's to let my boys watch them unload the truck. They thought it was the best! By the way, I like your new signature.

12. Michelle @ Flying Giggles says:

And the shoes, they definitely need to put those on themselves!

I'm with you on the clothes. I'm sending my youngest to kindergarten and we've been practicing opening milk cartons. I don't want him thirsty!
    Sometimes looking at cows is just a worthwhile way to spend an afternoon!

14. I love the first one. SO true that the boy doesn't notice a thing but the girl is ALL OVER it.

15. Arizona Mamma says:

Addyson notices everything! She loves to help me fold laundry. I always have to refold it, but she always catches me. So I stopped. I finally decided she isn't half bad at it, and the clothes are her own, so eh, whatever. Won't hurt anything for them to be put away like that.

16. motivationmamadrama says:

YES! How do they know how to put those bionicles together? I've tried and failed miserably.
    I've even practiced putting the straw in the juice box with my little guy. He assured me he KNOWS how to do it. We just want them to be okay and it's hard to let go.

17. Hello! I'm Kate. says:

That's so cute with the bed!

18. Because you won't always be there…that makes me sad to even think about!

19. Ack. I'm totally emotionally unprepared for my toddler to start pre-school in a month. That last one made me tear up…also another reason that you know you're a mom!